Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Calling

Follow me, you said one night,
and though I knew I heard it right
I found a reason not to go
(which wasn't really saying no).

Follow me, you called again
and so I almost did, but then
I saw some things I had to do
and thought that I'd get back to you.

Follow me, you spoke once more
and then, unlike the times before,
I knew I had to make a choice
and not ignore your still, small, voice.

Follow me.
            What if I fall?
Follow me.
            And lose it all?
Follow me.
            But I can't see...
Just take my hand
and follow me.

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS SO GOOD! It had me on the edge of tears! Can I steal it for my Bible study?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing! And thanks for commenting on all my stuff, you're a great encourager. :o)

    ReplyDelete