Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dinnertime Overture

Lisa asks kindly for carrots and peas.
Levi wants veggies, but doesn’t say please.
Logan wants chocolate and candy instead.
Cambren is throwing his peas at my head.

“Here you go Lisa, there’s toast on the way.
Levi, remember your manners,” I say.
“Logan, you can’t have dessert before food.
Cambren, stop doing that – throwing is rude.”

Lisa is chewing and smiling at me.
Levi is working on phrasing his plea.
Logan decides he wants ice cream tonight.
Cambren resumes helping carrots take flight.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I feel like I just lived it! Except with tacos instead of peas and carrots. Tonight was punctuated with Logan covering his eyes and saying, "I can't look!" I think he stole the words right out of Clint's mouth! Great poem! You rock Husband unit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I Laaaave it! (Looooove) that was one off the best humourous poems that I have ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, awesome. I always think to myself, "ah, what I have to look forward to!" :p

    ReplyDelete