Thursday, April 23, 2009

On an April Afternoon

Laying on my back
in the shade-marbled grass beneath a maple tree,
I watch a lazy cloud between the leaves.
This messenger of rain, far from companions,
is tasked with taking water somewhere,
but clearly has an open schedule.

I take off my glasses
and the view goes soft, indistinct.
Edges and lines are replaced with diffused colors,
nebulous forms, and swimming lights.
I see the casual stirring of green amoebae above.
I listen to the whispering of phantom flagella.

1 comment:

  1. That's cool! It's like having goggles on under water and then taking the goggles off. Well, that's what it is like for me. For one wearing glasses of your prescription it can be accomplished on dry land. I like the "is tasked with taking water somewhere, but clearly has an open schedule." That's just a cool line of personification. You rock!

    ReplyDelete